A while back, we released CloudPlayer, an open Play Music alternative that links with Dropbox, OneDrive and Google Drive so you can listen to all your music, everywhere without restrictions or phone storage limitations. But what if you don’t want to use your precious wireless data? In the past several months, we’ve been working on a complete revamp of our older and more well known app, doubleTwist Classic Player, which is optimized for offline listening and music sync. Today, we’re making available for public testing on the Play Store an alpha version of doubleTwist Classic, that was built fresh from the ground up.
The new doubleTwist Classic introduces a streamlined material design UI and features:
- Lossless support (ALAC, FLAC & 24-bit audio)
- 10-band EQ, bass boost and other premium sound options (premium)
- Advanced sorting options and folder navigation
- Metadata & artwork editor
- Android Wear & Android Auto support
- AirSync support for syncing with Mac/PC (premium)
- AirPlay & Chromecast support (premium)
Missing features that are planned for a future release include gapless, crossfade, podcast support, UPnP/DLNA support and AirPlay video support.